Job Opportunity: Part Time Lecturer
The Global Citizenship Programme (GCP) is an interdisciplinary, cross-faculty, active learning programme aimed at innovation in critical global citizenship, community engagement and social justice pedagogy. The Centre for Innovation in Learning and Teaching invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for appointment to a 2-year fixed term, 25 hours/week contract from January 2020 (or as soon as is practically possible from this date) – December 2021 in the GCP on part time academic conditions at the level of Lecturer.
- A Master’s degree
- Teaching and curriculum development experience
- Experience of working in social justice contexts
- Experience in report writing for a variety of stakeholders
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Proven experience of working in diverse teams
- Experience of facilitating partnership-building and collaborations
- A PhD (or substantial progress towards)
- Experience of having worked successfully in complex and diverse environments
- Recent experience of working in a HE context
- Experience of working with critical pedagogy and other relevant approaches
Teaching and curriculum development
- Convening and teaching on the GCP short or credit-bearing courses (including online courses);
- Undertake curriculum and course development with a strong focus on transformation, decoloniality and community engagement;
- Liaising with programme coordinator on course administration and budgeting
- Commitment to mentoring/supporting next generation scholars
Course Administration and Management
- Coordinating and managing the administration of GCP short or credit-bearing courses
- Working with the GC team on recruitment and communication strategies
- Management of the facilitation teams
The annual cost of employment, including benefits, is between R223 441 – R361 111.
To apply, please e-mail the below documents in a single pdf file to Carolyn.LeTang@uct.ac.za.
UCT Application Form (download at http://forms.uct.ac.za/hr201.doc)
- Cover letter, and
- An abridged curriculum vitae (CV) of 4-6 pages
Please ensure the title and reference number are indicated in the subject line.
An application which does not comply with the above requirements will be regarded as incomplete.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and may be required to undergo a competency test.
Telephone: 021 650 3431 Website: www.globalcitizen.uct.ac.za
Reference number: E91027 Closing date: 8 November 2019
UCT is committed to the pursuit of excellence, diversity and redress in achieving its equity targets. Our Employment Equity Policy is available at http://www.uct.ac.za/downloads/uct.ac.za/about/policies/eepolicy.pdf. For this post we seek particularly to attract Black (African, Indian, Coloured) South African applicants.
UCT reserves the right not to appoint.